TextBack offers customers real-time entry into your feedback process from their mobile phone. A customer self-activates the process by sending a keyword text to your SMS number. An auto-reply message delivers a link that connects them to the feedback and review process.
TextBack requires SMS credits (1 credit per keyword text) and is available for locations on the Pro plan or higher. If you are on the Basic plan, upgrade your plan to start using TextBack.
- Log in to your GatherUp account.
- If you have multiple locations, select the location you would like to activate TextBack for from the Business Dashboard.
- From the menu go to Requests > TextBack.
- Click the Activate TextBack toggle to ON to activate TextBack. If you are the Account Owner and on Basic, you will be asked to upgrade your account. If you are a User of an account on Basic you can request an upgrade from the Account Owner.
Customize TextBack Settings
- Under Select A Phone Number, review Your area code is: and Your selected phone number:. If needed, click Edit to update.
- Under Keywords: ’feedback’ is the default keyword users must text to activate the auto-reply. If you wish to remove ‘feedback’, uncheck the box. Click + Add keyword to add desired keyword triggers. Keywords can be texted as a single word or as part of a phrase or sentence to activate auto-reply. You can add multiple keywords and any one will trigger TextBack.
- Under Auto-Reply Message: Edit your auto-reply message. The message is sent to the customer after they text a selected keyword(s) to your TextBack number. You can use up to 128 characters maximum for your message.
- After completing your edits, review your TextBack settings in the sample image on the right and click SAVE Settings at the bottom of the page. You’re all set to start using TextBack with your customers.
- If you have SMS enabled, your TextBack number will be set to the same number for SMS. If you edit the TextBack number, you will also change the SMS sender number for this location.
- For businesses in the United States, you can promote your selected number with or without the (1) in front.
- Using emojis in your TextBack message will cause your content to separate.
To test TextBack, follow these steps:
- Create a new message.
- Key in the TextBack number from Step 3.
- Type the keyword from Step 4.
- Send. You should receive a near instant reply matching the Auto-Reply Message from Step 5.
- Click the link to go to your request landing page. Edits to this page can be made in your account. Go to Settings > Request Modes.