To send requests Automatically follow these steps:
- Log in to your GatherUp account.
- If you have multiple locations, select the location that you would like to send requests automatically for.
- To confirm the communication method for the location is set to Automatically go to Customer Activity and view Sent Automatically under Request Mode or click the down arrow to select Automatically.
4. When Automatically is selected you will need to set a daily limit for requests sent. To prevent being flagged as review spam, by sites like Google or Facebook, select a daily limit that closely matches the daily customer volume for the location. Contact us if you need a higher daily limit.
4. Add a customer, import a customer list, or add customers via Zapier/API/webhooks to send requests automatically. If a customer has a mobile number and email address, the Communication Preference must be set to SMS for them to receive a feedback request via SMS Request.
A request sent automatically is set as a cron task to be completed at the next cron run. The cron run schedule is as follows:
- 4:00 AM PST
- 7:00 AM PST
- 2:00 PM PST
- 6:00 PM PST
- 10:00 PM PST
For example, if you upload a list of customers at 5:23 PM PST, the email requests will be sent at 6:00 PM PST. SMS Requests are sent between 9AM-9PM in the time zone your business is located in.
If the number of customers added to GatherUp in a day exceeds the set daily limit for requests sent GatherUp will keep track of added customers and send requests over the next few days until all customers have been sent a request.