Learn how to import multiple customers from a list within GatherUp.
Before you begin:
- GatherUp will check for duplicate email addresses in your list – only the first occurrence of the email address will be imported.
- GatherUp will not import an email address or customer information for an email address in your list that already exists for the selected business in your GatherUp account to avoid duplicate entries.
- If you wish to send feedback requests to customers after each transaction or service rendered, adjust your Repeat Customer Feedback Settings.
- Your list must meet the following requirements:
- .xls, .xlsx, or .csv file format
- 3MB or less
- Include columns for First Name, Last Name, and Email Address (or Phone Number)
- A sample customer list is available to download here: Customer-list.CSV
Upload Customer List to GatherUp
To upload a customer list to GatherUp, follow these steps.
- Log in to your GatherUp account.
- If you have multiple locations, select the location you would like to upload a customer list for from the Business Dashboard.
- From the menu go to Requests > Import Customers.
4. Click Choose File to select the spreadsheet to upload.
5. Once uploaded, you will see a sample of your data. The columns in your spreadsheet will be automatically mapped to fields in GatherUp.
You can see above that we auto detected first name, last name, email, and mobile fields in the upload.
If a column contained data we couldn’t assign to a field with confidence, it will show the option of “Nothing (skip), meaning that data will not be added to GatherUp. Use “Nothing (skip)” when your spreadsheet has a column that doesn’t need to be added to the platform.
If you need to change any of the auto assignments, just click the drop down in the Belongs to: box and select the correct assignment.
6. Once your list has been uploaded and assigned, click Finish Adding Subscribers. Review the Importing Customers – Result and make note of any issues.
- Imported Customers – Customers successfully added via the upload.
- Duplicate Customers – Customers not imported because they already exist in the platform and/or are inside the repeat feedback suppression setting.
- Invalid Customers – Customers not imported because data was missing or incorrect. Likely data issues include:
- Missing first name, last name, or email/phone
- An incorrect email address (such as aaron@aolcom, the “dot” in .com is missing).
7. Click Close to be taken back to Customer Activity. New customers are now added.