Import multiple businesses into GatherUp using Import Businesses. Fill out a simple spreadsheet with the businesses you want in the system, and we will import them instantly.
- Log in to your GatherUp account.
- Click on your name in the top right corner of the screen and click Import Businesses from the menu.
4. Download and complete the blank import Template using the link on the page or this link Blank Import Template. Be sure to double check every field as having incorrect data in any of the fields may cause the import to fail and may require your account to be reset.
5. Once the template is complete, click Select to select the file. Click Open.
6. This step is optional. If you wish to create a User Account for each Business Owner included in the import list, check Create a User Account for each Business Owner. Edit the email template as needed.
7. Click Import.
8. The file will be imported and Logs will provide the status on each business location imported. Errors or missing data will be shown.
Filling Out the Import Spreadsheet
Download the Blank Import Template.
Column A: Business Name (Required)
Use the actual Business Name. If you have multiple locations that have the same business name consider adding a city name or location identifier to it. For example: Dominos – SFO, Dominos – LAX, Dominos – Westland Mall
Column B, C and D: Business Owner First Name, Last Name and Email (Required)
The business owner name and email can be used as dynamic tags in the feedback request emails and thank you emails. The email address will also be used to send online and feedback alerts to the business owner if desired.
Column E, F, G, H, I, J: Street, City, State, Zip and Phone (Required)
For best results please use the address and phone number that Google has for your business. If you are not sure simply open a Google search window and type in your business name and phone number. A Google Knowledge panel should appear on the right of your screen. If the information Google has is not correct please contact Google at: 1-844-491-9665
Column K: Website URL (Optional)
Enter your Website URL using http://…… Please do not enter only www. or just the domain name. If you have one domain but multiple location pages then enter the complete URL for the location. Example: http://www.mysite.com/westlandmall . If you do not have website for the business then leave field blank.
Column L: Custom Field (Optional)
For White-label accounts only. Any other account please use “Extra Field” in column Q. Ideal for Branch location numbers etc. Field accepts numbers and letters. If not needed or desired leave blank.
Column K: Business Type (Required)
Enter a Schema.org compliant Business Type. See types and the matching subtypes at the bottom here.
Column N: Review Links (Optional)
Enter your desired Online Review link profiles. Separate each entry with a space or new row. Note: Google is not required. Our system will find your Google link for you. Simply contact support@GatherUp.com to have Google added for all or selected locations.
Column M: Labels (Optional)
“Labels” are optional and allow you to organize your businesses locations into meaningful groups. This allows you to easily manage tens, hundreds, or even thousands of business locations in the GatherUp Business Dashboard and get summary statistics on each the groups too. Common labels are regions such as: Southwest, Northwest, Atlantic etc. To learn more about labels see here.
Column P: Customer URL (Optional)
You can specify a URL to the customer list for the business. If not needed or desired leave blank. The customer list must be formatted as shown here. Add the direct URL to your customer list. Example http://www.mysite.com/westmall-customers.CSV
Column Q: Extra Field (Optional)
Popular uses of the Extra Field include Store ID’s, Agent ID’s, Product Numbers and SKU’s. If not needed or desired leave blank.